Monday, January 12, 2009

Rain, Rain Go Away!

"Big Pacific Northwest floods creating havoc"

Yeah, so not fun. At least two feet of water under my house. I lifted up the top for the crawl space thinking I would squat down and try to look down under to see how much water had collected, if any. Turns out I didn't need to look to hard. Not only did it practically fill the crawl space, it sat 4" higher onto the step to get down in there. I called Adam in a panic and he went to Lowes after work and bought a sump pump and supplies. He installed it that night with a couple buddies...err, well, I think they came for excuse to hav a beer pow wow but whatever. It was done quickly. Two days later it's dry and now the clean up begins. Thank the Lord I don't have to do it. Dirt/mud is gross. I'm such a girl. LOL