I must have found the "holiday funk" people speak about each year during this time. I've always seemed to avoid it. I'm definitely not a "depressed" type of person anyone who knows me would be surprised as well. I don't even know what I would classify myself as depressed. I have fun with my children and my husband but when my phone rings I dread talking to whoever is on the other end. My sleeping pattern hasn't changed and my eating is normal I'm just really moody.
Then I think, maybe I'm not depressed and I just have a lot going on. We're working to pay off debt so that means barely living paycheck to paycheck. I was stung by a very good friend a few days ago and think about it a lot throughout the day. I've been working overtime to help with debt and money for the holidays yet we still were barely able to do any shopping. I'm struggling a lot with that even though I know they are just irrelevant material things. The mom in me just wants them to have everything.
I'm sure I'll be over it all soon enough. I'm already looking forward to Spring/Summer. I need to be outside in the warm air watching my boys play, going to the park, to the beach and being in the water. Ahhh...it can't come fast enough!